Basic Fluid Mechanics
- Incompressible irrotational flow,
- Helmholtz and kelvin theorem,
- Singularities and superposition,
- Viscous flows,
- Boundary layer on a flat plate.
Airfoils and Wings
- Classification of airfoils,
- Aerodynamic Characteristics,
- High lift devices,
- Kutta Joukowski theorem,
- Lift generation,
- Thin airfoil theory,
- Wing theory,
- Induced drag,
- Qualitative treatment of low aspect ratio wings.
- Flow Separation,
- Introduction to turbulence,
- Structure of a turbulent boundary.
- Dynamics and Thermodynamics of 1-D flow,
- Isentropic flow,
- Normal shock,
- Oblique shock,
- Prandtl- Meyer flow,
- Flow In nozzles, Diffusers, Inviscid flow in a C-D Nozzle,
- Flow in diffusers,
- Subsonic and Supersonic airfoils,
- Compressibility effects on lift and drag,
- Critical and drag divergence Mach no,
- Wave drag.
Wind tunnel Testing
- Measurement and visualization techniques.
Engineering Made Easier