- Standard atmosphere,
- Classification of aircraft,
- Airplane configurations and various parts
- Pressure Altitude;
- Equivalent, calibrated, indicated air speeds;
- Primary flight instruments: Altimeter, ASI, VSI, Turn-bank indicator,
- Drag polar;
- Takeoff and landing;
- Steady climb & descent;
- Absolute and service ceiling;
- Cruise, climb, endurance or loiter;
- Load factor,
- Turning flight,
- V-n diagram;
- Winds: head, tail & cross winds.
- Angle of attack,
- Roll, pitch &yaw control;
- Longitudinal stick fixed & free stability,
- Horizontal tail position and size;
- Directional stability,
- Vertical tail position and size;
- Dihedral stability.
- Wing dihedral, sweep position; hinge movements, stick forces.
- Euler angles;
- Equations of motion;
- Aerodynamic forces and moments,
- Stability & control derivatives;
- Decoupling of longitudinal and lateral directional dynamics;
- Longitudinal and lateral directional modes.
Engineering Made Easier